At NextCapital, we build financial software that helps everyday investors build and manage a world-class financial portfolio. Our work directly benefits the millions of Americans who can’t afford traditional financial advice, by providing them a solution driven by software. Working with the world’s leading financial institutions, our software tackles the complex challenges of providing financial advice through an intuitive and engaging user experience.
JOIN OUR TEAM
Our ability to be successful starts with our people, and we’re looking for someone who is passionate about developing and supporting our cloud-based SaaS platform. The ideal candidate is able to understand innovative technical concepts while evaluating the ever evolving risk landscape. This position identifies potential threats through our existing monitoring mechanisms and responds to reported security violations, determines causes of these violations and recommends corrective actions to ensure NextCapital and partner data remain secure. The Security Analyst works closely with the VP of Information security but also the Operations team. This position also researches and recommends changes to procedures and systems to enhance data and systems security. This also means communicating security procedures and risks to all stakeholders. Learn more about NextCapital at www.themuse.com/companies/nextcapital
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Work with the Operations team to take an active role in the configuration and maintenance of a diverse range of security tools.
- Be an advocate for Information Security across multiple teams and ensure that systems are compliant with internal and regulatory security standards.
- Operate vulnerability scanning and compliance tools to identify system weaknesses and liaise with the wider operations/IT teams to assist with the coordination of remedial actions.
- Actively monitor security tools deployed (anti-virus, configuration control, vulnerability management, DLP and other endpoint security), escalate issues, assist with remediation and maintain these systems.
- Specification and design of automated security monitoring tools and, in conjunction with the operations team, support the installation, configuration of such tools and assist in maintenance and monitoring activities.
- Perform Vendor Assessments and Partner Audits
WHO WE’RE LOOKING FOR
- You are a driven, creative thinker who is able to merge business and technical information
- You have a Bachelor’s degree in Information Security, Computer Science, or related field
- You have at least 3-5 years of experience within Information Security
- You have experience with vulnerability management and endpoint security
- You have experience with Amazon Web Services and Mac environments
- You are holding an Information Security Certification in good standing
- You’re excited about learning and exploring new technologies and solutions
WHY YOU’LL LOVE IT
- Disrupt the financial advice industry by bringing affordable, easy to use financial tools to millions of people
- See the impact of your work as you help in our continued growth
- Enjoy a laid back work environment surrounded by top quality people that enjoy working with each other
- Receive great benefits like stock options, 401(k) match, and top notch health benefits
- Get in on the ground floor of a growth stage company where you can have a real impact on the company's future
- Participate in company-sponsored cornhole leagues, Thursday After Hours (wine tastings, trivia, treats), book club, film club, fantasy football leagues, hackathons and other fun events
- Enjoy our newly renovated office, located on Michigan Avenue, with an unobstructed view of both the lake and Millennium Park.
- Enjoy locally roasted coffee, cold brew, iced tea, or espresso at your modular sitting/standing desk