Financial Methodology Product Designer
JOIN OUR TEAM
NextCapital is seeking a Product Designer within the Financial Methodology Group of NextCapital. You will work in close collaboration with Financial Engineers, Data Scientists, Software Developers and Executive Management on proprietary and partner-specific Structured Investor Lifecycle Advice Solutions.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Contribute to an innovative enterprise digital advice platform, offering individuals professionally-designed and managed financial solutions
- Work with leading financial institutions to collaborate on solutions
- Develop an understanding of business requirements from both key external and internal stakeholders and translate those into specifications for Financial Engineers and Software Developers
- Become expert at a wide range of finance, economics, and the regulatory framework that impacts personalized advice.
- Define development tasks based on designed or yet to be designed prototypes and verifying whether results meet stated requirements
- Design logic frameworks to ensure design prototypes support required use cases
- Obtain, document, enhance financial methodology
WHO WE'RE LOOKING FOR
- You have successfully completed a degree in Finance, Economics, Engineering, Applied Mathematics, Physics, Philosophy or equivalent experience
- You are comfortable with or can quickly become comfortable with equations, code and ability to read and write pseudo-code
- 5+ years work experience with a strong background in financial planning and tax management strategies and concepts
- Familiar with investment account types, e.g., Roth 401(k), Traditional IRA, HSA, ESA, etc.
- CFP or CPA or CFA or CAIA preferred
- You have strong abstract thinking abilities
- You have excellent written and oral communication skills
- You have strong project management skills
WHY YOU’LL LOVE IT
- Work on solutions that combine innovative technology and financial theory
- Disrupt the financial advice industry by bringing affordable, easy to use financial tools to millions of people
- Work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Experience building exciting new fintech solutions
- Avoid the bureaucracy that slows down larger companies
- Receive great benefits like stock options, employer 401(k) match, and employer contributions to health, dental and vision coverage
- Enjoy a laid back work environment surrounded by top-quality researchers & engineers that enjoy working with each other
- Get in on the ground floor of a growth stage company where you can have a real impact on the company's future
- Participate in company-sponsored cornhole leagues, Thursday After Hours (cards, video games, treats), fantasy football leagues, hackathons and other fun events.
- Sip locally roasted coffee or espresso at your modular sitting/standing desk