Production Support Engineer
NextCapital's Digital Advice Platform is a holistic service built around the investor, providing world-class advice at an affordable price. It is the only service that offers integrated planning, advice, and portfolio management capabilities. Because of the breadth of advice services, NextCapital serves a broad range of investor types, from the low-balance beginning investor to the sophisticated high net worth investor.
Learn more about NextCapital at www.themuse.com/companies/nextcapital
JOIN OUR TEAM
We're looking for an organized and highly motivated Production Support Engineer to join our team. Our Production Support team manages production issues and collaborates with internal teams to ensure software defects as well as operational tasks are corrected and/or routed to the appropriate team. You will be responsible for triaging issues, resolving defects, working with partners on outstanding issues, develop reporting and dashboards, and becoming a Subject Matter Expert on the NextCapital line of Products.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Triage tickets across suite of products.
- Resolve Defects.
- Handle operational requests on a day to day basis.
- Work with external Partners on outstanding issues.
- Troubleshoot issues with the appropriate individuals, teams, or vendors.
- Develop reporting and dashboards.
- Continuously monitor systems to proactively identify issues before they impact end users.
- Partner with Developers to prioritize work in Sprints.
- Partner with delivery teams to ensure delivered functionality has the proper handoff to Production Support.
WHO WE’RE LOOKING FOR
- You are passionate about resolving issues for end users.
- You are an expert at learning new software and can ramp up quickly on new features.
- You are familiar with and can read/write complex SQL.
- You have experience with the following software/tools:
- Ruby on Rails
- New Relic
- You have a bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.
WHY YOU’LL LOVE IT
- Disrupt the financial advice industry by bringing affordable, easy to use financial tools to millions of people
- Enjoy a laid back work environment & learn from FinTech’s best & brightest
- Receive great benefits like stock options, 401(k) match, and employer contributions to health, dental and vision coverage
- Join a fast growing company where you can have a real impact on the company's future
- Participate in company-sponsored cornhole leagues, company outings, wine tastings, fantasy football leagues, hackathons and other fun events
- Enjoy a newly built out office on Michigan Avenue with a view of Millennium Park and Lake Michigan.
- Sip locally roasted coffee, kombucha, or craft beer at your modular sitting/standing desk
- Participate in women in tech events and service days at local organizations
- Relax with monthly, company wide, guided meditation sessions