Financial Engineer Intern
At NextCapital, we build financial software that helps everyday investors build and manage a world-class financial portfolio. Our work directly benefits the millions of Americans who can’t afford traditional financial advice, by providing them a solution driven by software. Working with the world’s leading financial institutions, our software tackles the complex challenges of providing financial advice through an intuitive and engaging user experience.
JOIN OUR TEAM
We’re looking for talented and highly motivated financial engineer interns to join our advice research team. Financial engineer interns at NextCapital work as part of our highly innovative research team and solve difficult problems related to financial advice and investment management. Our clients range from everyday investors to large financial institutions.
Learn more about us at www.themuse.com/companies/nextcapital
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Disrupt the financial advice industry by building the next generation of financial advice solutions
- Learn from experienced quantitative researcher and expert software developers through pair coding
- Hone your skills in cutting-edge financial economics and retirement finance
- Build well-tested, efficient and reusable quantitative analytic software
- Make an immediate impact by contributing to research and building new analytic features from start to finish
WHO WE’RE LOOKING FOR
- You have strong knowledge of linear algebra, statistics, financial mathematics, computational finance, optimization and Monte Carlo simulation techniques
- You have experience with some of the following: financial modeling, portfolio optimization, investment management, style analysis, manager due diligence, retirement planning, annuity and guaranteed income products, ERISA and IRS regulations
- You have advanced Matlab skills, or equivalent experience with R or Python
- You have a MS or PhD in financial engineering or other quantitative discipline
- You’re a strong candidate if you are on track for CFA or SOA certification
WHY YOU’LL LOVE IT
- Disrupt the financial advice industry by bringing affordable, easy to use financial tools to millions of people
- See your work move into production quickly, and avoid the bureaucracy that slows down larger companies
- Enjoy a laid back work environment surrounded by top quality researchers & engineers that enjoy working with each other
- Participate in company-sponsored cornhole leagues, Thursday After Hours (wine tastings, trivia, treats), book club, film club, hackathons and other fun events.
- Sip locally roasted coffee or espresso at your modular sitting/standing desk